perldoc -U doesn't run in insecure mode

From:
Tom McLane
Date:
April 28, 2003 15:26
Subject:
perldoc -U doesn't run in insecure mode
Message ID:
20030428152106.1535.qmail@usa.com
I'm trying to figure out why this is broken in AIX 5.2 (Perl 5.8.0).  As of
right now, I can't run perldoc -U as root... I get the same error message:

# whoami
root
# perldoc -U Carp
Superuser must not run /usr/bin/perldoc without security audit and taint checks.

I'm in charge of the Perl shipping with AIX, so I'm just looking  for some hints as to what might be wrong. Before I dive into code I've never seen.

Thanks,
Lucas McLane
IBM AIX Perl