Re: [perl #15272] Memoize Test Failures on Mac OS X

From:
David Wheeler
Date:
April 28, 2003 15:25
Re: [perl #15272] Memoize Test Failures on Mac OS X
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.44.0304280751470.15565-100000@theory
Sorry about the pointless reply a minute ago. Getting used to Pine on a
terminal again while I'm at a client site.

On 28 Apr 2003, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

> > This bug is actually two.
>
> > First of all, under OSX we should not be building everything useing
> > -flatnamespace
>
> I *think* the last time this issue was raised Fred Sanchez explained
> that "yes, we should".  Please search the p5p archives.

IIRC, and I admit to knowing little about this, the rules changed in
Jaguar. I seem to recall seeing something about it on an TIL article or
something.

> > However more importantly, if GDBM is installed with NDBM compat
> > mode, we never use the NDBM that apple provides, this I guess is
> > a bug.
>
> Please.  Explain.  More.  Slowly.

See the full bug report.

  http://rt.perl.org/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=15272

FWIW, I've stopped compiling GDBM on my OS X box once I figured out how to
get Apache to find Mac OS X's DBM:

  http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/12/18/apache_modssl.html
  http://david.wheeler.net/macosx/apache_dbm.patch

Regards,

David

--
David Wheeler                                       AIM: dwTheory
david@kineticode.com                                ICQ: 15726394