RE: windows, shortcuts and 'use lib'

From:
Orton, Yves
Date:
April 28, 2003 07:17
RE: windows, shortcuts and 'use lib'
Message ID:
71B318898201D311845C0008C75DAD1C0896099C@defra1ex2
> >...contains sample VC++ code for generically resolving a  link (shortcut)
> >to a path, and since my reading of perlfunc indicates that it should
return
> >a path I dont really see your point.
>
> My point was that if you want to read a .lnk file, there is a lot
> more information in one than just a path, therefore readlink() is
> inadequate to extract all the other information, but if .lnk files
> get transparentely disappeared by the perl runtime, readlink()
> is left as the only way to read .lnk files.

Oh, I wouldnt argue that .lnk files should be handled transparently.
(And didnt mean for to sound like I was, sorry.)

I have to admit that I read the readlink doc in perlfunc as being that
it takes a symlink and returns what it points at. So that all I meant,
that that code looked like it could be used to do so.

If thats wrong, well just curse me as YAIW32H. (Yet Another Ignorant
W32 Hacker). And maybe think of improving the documentation, I imagine that
there a lot of people whose first introduction to unix programming concepts
is through perl.

:-)

Yves