RE: windows, shortcuts and 'use lib'

From:
Horsley Tom
Date:
April 28, 2003 05:12
RE: windows, shortcuts and 'use lib'
Message ID:
F5573A841216B94CB3CD1A7A0A1FD35612E612@exchange.ccur.com
>...contains sample VC++ code for generically resolving a link (shortcut)
>to a path, and since my reading of perlfunc indicates that it should return
>a path I dont really see your point.

My point was that if you want to read a .lnk file, there is a lot
more information in one than just a path, therefore readlink() is
inadequate to extract all the other information, but if .lnk files
get transparentely disappeared by the perl runtime, readlink()
is left as the only way to read .lnk files.