Re: [perl #19750] is you or is you ain't an operator?

From:
Tim Peoples
Date:
April 27, 2003 01:58
Re: [perl #19750] is you or is you ain't an operator?
Message ID:
20030424152627.C2423@tpeoples.pc.dmotorworks.com
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 03:48:47PM -0400, Casey West wrote:

> This ticket is all about the ambiguity with the -X "thingies".
> Everyone knows them as operators, yet they're documented in
> L<perlfunc> (and that documentation calls them /operators/).
>
> So if they are operators, the documentation should be moved to
> L<perlop>.
>
> If functions, terminoligy must be updated in the documentation.
>
> Which is it?
>
>   Casey West

Yes but...  if they're moved to L<perlop> then we won't be able to
type "perldoc -f -X" (which I'm rather fond of doing in a pinch).

Tim.

                                                      Timothy E. Peoples
                                                   Have Camel, Will Code
                                                tpeoples@dmotorworks.com

      "That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history
         is the most important of all the lessons of history."
                                      --  Aldous Huxley