Re: [perl #15063] /tmp issues

From:
Solar Designer
Date:
April 27, 2003 01:58
Re: [perl #15063] /tmp issues
Message ID:
20030426173413.GA12202@openwall.com
On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 08:36:54AM -0000, Arthur Bergman wrote:
> Is this still a problem with 5.8.0, any patches that have not been applied to should be
> applied?

It's been more than half a year since I've been doing these patches,
but as far as I remember, -- yes, some would be needed for 5.8.0 as
well.

Our Perl package in Openwall GNU/*/Linux is still based around 5.6.0
with these and other patches.  We will be updating it to 5.8.0+ (or
whatever will be the latest stable version of Perl) in a few months,
at which point I will likely get back to you with the new set of
patches.  Unfortunately, we don't have sufficient development
resources to concentrate on this update right now, -- other things are
more urgent for our project.

Obviously, it would help if you happen to have more time for working
on this and would review our 5.6.0 patches for applicability to 5.8.0
and newer.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598