Strange test failed

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
April 26, 2003 08:52
Subject:
Strange test failed
Message ID:
20030426174552.F4E5.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
Colour me stupid, but I could not resist the temptation to try to build blead
from Knoppix. (Using Knoppix 3.2 Linux Knoppix Debian GNU/Linux)

I was not expecting it to succeed, but indeed it didn't

1. This version did *not* detect the local harddrive on the laptop, making me
   to search for other writable storage space large enough to hold the perl
   blead tree and it's output. /ramdisk failed, so I mounted my pc disk with
   smbmount which was unexpectedly fast
2. The Configure process hung on /proc/self/exe. I killed it
3. Configure ended with a message that DB_File, and IO were not configured
   (amongst others) leaving a trail to a crippled perl. No Makefile or
   GNUmakefile were created

It was fun while it lasted. I learned a lot about Knoppix :)

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.0 & 633 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,