Re: [perl #19750] is you or is you ain't an operator?

From:
Casey West
Date:
April 24, 2003 13:59
Re: [perl #19750] is you or is you ain't an operator?
Message ID:
20030424210402.GE34510@geeknest.com
It was Thursday, April 24, 2003 when Casey West took the soap box, saying:
: It was Thursday, April 24, 2003 when Andy Lester took the soap box, saying:
: : > So if they are operators, the documentation should be moved to
: : > L<perlop>.
: : >
: : > If functions, terminoligy must be updated in the documentation.
: :
: : Personally, I don't see a lot of benefit in distinguishing between the
: : two.  I just went thru this on the book I was updating for 5.8.
:
: So if you feel this way then there should be an entry in L<perlop>
: that says "there are really functiony operators, look in L<perlfunc>"?
: (I don't mind this idea either.)

Upon further inspection, that's alreadin in perlop!  So this whole
thing is a non-issue IMHO.

  Casey West

--
"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
 -- Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.