Re: [perl #19750] is you or is you ain't an operator?

From:
Casey West
Date:
April 24, 2003 13:32
Re: [perl #19750] is you or is you ain't an operator?
Message ID:
20030424203701.GD34510@geeknest.com
It was Thursday, April 24, 2003 when Andy Lester took the soap box, saying:
: > So if you feel this way then there should be an entry in L<perlop>
: > that says "there are really functiony operators, look in L<perlfunc>"?
: > (I don't mind this idea either.)
:
: Either that, or combine them.
:
: Imagine I'm a user and I see this "tr" thing.  I'll probably look in
: perlfunc, right?  It's not, of course.

I suspected you were speaking at a higher level than just -X
"thingies".  I've personally been bitten by the "tr is probably in
perlfunc, so I'll just 'perldoc -f tr'" thing before.  But I'd try to
solve this problem with a "-o" option to perldoc.

  perldoc -o tr
  perldoc -o -X

  Casey West

--
There are three kinds of death in this world. There's heart death,
there's brain death, and there's being off the network.