Re: Encode-1.92 was not marged right [Was: Re: FreeBSD thread vs. encoding.pm]

From:
Enache Adrian
Date:
April 22, 2003 07:40
Re: Encode-1.92 was not marged right [Was: Re: FreeBSD thread vs. encoding.pm]
Message ID:
20030422124305.GA883@ratsnest.hole
On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 02:52:25PM +0300, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> Well, it might be then my bad.  But I do not remember getting any
> .rej:s or anything... then again, I've seen patch to sometimes misapply
> patches.  I'll fetch a clean Encode 1.92 copy from CPAN and use those.

No, it has been merged correctly. It's

Change 19130 by jhi@kosh on 2003/04/02 04:42:40

	Cannot portably compare files if one of them is still open
	(from Craig Berry).

Affected files ...

... //depot/perl/ext/Encode/t/enc_module.t#6 edit

So I don't think it's a good idea to play ping-pong with that
'close STDOUT'.
That sordide bug will be probably fixed in FreeBSD 5.1, but it seems
to be there in FreeBSD 4.8, which is a stable release.

Until then, (sorry for repeating)
close STDOUT unless $^O eq 'freebsd';

Regards
Adi