Re: Doing Something For Better Documentation

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
April 22, 2003 02:44
Re: Doing Something For Better Documentation
Message ID:
87y923m2sm.fsf@simoncozens-2.dsl.easynet.co.uk
ask@perl.org (Ask Bjoern Hansen) writes:
> You know, it works the other way around.  :-)
> First you work as the pumpking and then it's documented.

=head2 Announce your intentions

First, you should volunteer out loud to take the patch pumpkin.  It's
generally counter-productive to have multiple people working in secret
on the same thing.

At the same time, announce what you plan to do with the patch pumpkin,
to allow folks a chance to object or suggest alternatives, or do it for
you.  Naturally, the patch pumpkin holder ought to incorporate various
bug fixes and documentation improvements that are posted while he or
she has the pumpkin, but there might also be larger issues at stake.

One of the precepts of the subversion idea is that we shouldn't give
the patch pumpkin to anyone unless we have some idea what he or she
is going to do with it.

--
COBOL is for morons.
		-- E.W. Dijkstra