Re: Configure: uselongdouble fallback does not work

From:
Enache Adrian
Date:
April 18, 2003 13:21
Re: Configure: uselongdouble fallback does not work
Message ID:
20030418202052.GA974@ratsnest.hole
On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 09:15:30PM +0200, Slaven Rezic wrote:
> The fallback if uselongdouble or usemorebits are defined but some
> mathematic functions are missing does not work. This is because at
> least the Gconvert macro is defined before to a value invalid for
> uselongdouble=undef. I think it's best to just exit the Configure
> process in such a case.

Yes, defining uselongdoubles got me no long doubles, but Gconvert
#define'd to gcvt on freebsd5 (gcvt doesn't exist on freebsd).
This didn't use to happen until recently.

BTW, that opened my eyes to a buglet in freebsd's *printf:

$ gcc -x c - && ./a.out
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
   printf("%.*g\n",8,0.00009);
}
9.0000000e-05

Trailing zeros are not removed as sprintf(3) claims.

Regards
Adi