Re: UnixWare 7.1.1 and Perl-5.6.1 problems

From:
Khachaturov Vassilii
Date:
April 18, 2003 10:51
Re: UnixWare 7.1.1 and Perl-5.6.1 problems
Message ID:
000501c305d1$af3e1110$cc0de60a@comverse.com
Hi Jarkko,
I'm having exactly the same problem you've described in the p5p thread
started in mid-2001 (Google search for "unixware 7.1 perl 5.6.1 lib_io_unix.t"
only brings up this thread)

> 1) During make test, one error is found:
>
> Can't call method "getline" on an undefined value at lib/io_unix.t
>       line 65

The code in question is
if($pid = fork()) {

    $sock = $listen->accept();
    print "ok 2\n";

    print $sock->getline(); #### <<<<< line 65

changing line 62 to

    $sock = $listen->accept() || die "$!"

(which, BTW, should be a better way to write this test)
dies as follows:
    No such file or directory at lib/io_unix.t line 62.

Same test (with more tests failing) failed here with an 5.8.0 install attempt.
I tried both the suggested Configure defaults (only had to force the -lm into the
library-related flags - somehow it wasn't found), and tried using gcc (had to
hack things like change -Kpic to -fPIC, -G -Bexport to -shared etc.), with no
different results.

Was the problem ever solved at your place, or did you just ignore the test failure?
Also, if anyone knows any news about the matter, I'd appreciate that, too.

Regards,
Vassilii