Re: Cygwin Perl (was:Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-2)

From:
alian
Date:
April 18, 2003 04:25
Re: Cygwin Perl (was:Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-2)
Message ID:
3E9FE09D.4020809@cpan.org
Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first feedback from the second perl release here, he reported a
> problem which is real, I wonder why I don't see it in bleadperl, but
> in perl-5.8.0, what is the difference regarding PERLIO on Cygwin?
> I just forget about this known behaviour because I use PERLIO=perlio
> in my environment settings most of the time.  It is the same problem
> when running e.g. the vanilla /bin/cpan script with vanilla perl-5.8
> in a Cygwin environment with no PERLIO env setting.

>>Try this (I tried it in both rxvt & 'dos box' with same results):
>>1) run "perl -d"
>>2) type "print;"
>>3) hit Ctrl+D
>>4) hit Enter
>>5) hit Enter

I've had same problem in past with first release of 5.8.0 build by cygwin or
build by hand. The only workaround is setting PERLIO=perlio env var.
I've seen problem in IPC::Open3 by appending a ^M to all command pass to this
module, or when asking for user input: always two enter is needed.