Re: Help with an embedded Perl interpreter with 64 bit integers

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
April 17, 2003 01:37
Re: Help with an embedded Perl interpreter with 64 bit integers
Message ID:
20030417093655.J75140@plum.flirble.org
On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 01:00:20AM -0500, JW Thomas wrote:
> Howdy, I'm looking for some super-guru help.  I'm building an application
> requiring an embedded Perl interpreter with 64 bit integers.  I have the AP
> 805 source and am having an impossible time building it on a Windows XP
> package using the win32 directory and use64bitint.  I can build it and run
> it in the cygwin environment, but visual studio 6 barfs at the addition of
> 64 bit ints.

It's not clear from your message whether you can build perl with 64 bit ints
OK, but the embedding stage barfs, or that you can't even build perl with 64
bit ints. I'm not in a position to try replicate this as I don't have access
to a Windows machine.

Also, we don't know about the active perl source here, so if you absolutely
need to use that, you will have to ask Activestate. Can you try building
with the vanilla perl source from CPAN (eg http://www.cpan.org/src/stable.zip
) and send the build error messages for the first part that seems to barf?

> Can someone offer help, advice, ridicule, whatever?  :-)

You almost hit the perl.org spam filter (which is nothing to do with me,
but seems to be very effective at stopping genuine spam)
Sending plain text e-mail rather than multipart/alternative (particularly
with an image attached solely for the HTML message background) should get
you a safe distance below the radar.

Nicholas Clark