[ANNOUNCE] ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.10_03

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
April 11, 2003 00:27
Subject:
[ANNOUNCE] ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.10_03
Message ID:
20030411072704.GB5916@windhund.schwern.org
http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.10_03.tar.gz

Here's another alpha release of MakeMaker.  It should patch up all the
important problems I'm aware of.  Make me aware of any problems it misses.
It compiled and installed an XS module on VMS and that's pretty good.

Jarkko, bleadperl patch coming shortly.

6.10_03 Fri Apr 11 00:21:25 PDT 2003
    * Added NO_META WriteMakefile() option to suppress generation of
      META.yml. (Spoon, rt.cpan.org 2359)
    - Spurious linebreak in uninstall_from_sitedirs on VMS (Craig Berry)
    * A bit after 6.05 man page names would come out as lib::Foo::Bar
      if the module name didn't contain a ::.  Found with podulators.
      Fixed.
    * Skipping installation of RCS ,v files.
    * 'make ci' was busted between 6.05 and 6.06_01.  Fixed. (Andreas)
    - 'make test' was broken when there's no tests.  Introduced in 6.06_03.
      (Stas Bekman)
    - Solving some directory depth problems in tests on oldish VMS systems.
      (Craig Berry)
    - Fixing MM_MacOS so it compiles on UTF-8 systems. (Jarkko)
    - Making find_perl() more talkative when the version check fails
      miserably.
    - Fixing PERL_ARCHIVE on VMS so XS can compile again (Craig Berry)

6.10_02 Mon Apr  7 00:57:15 PDT 2003
    * Removed 2>&1 experiment introduced in 6.10_01 for all non-Unixen
      except for OS/2.  Thought Perl might emulate `... 2>&1`.  It doesn't.
      Just on OS/2.

--
Death?  Its like being on holiday with a group of Germans.