IO::Socket::INET6

From:
Rafael Martínez Torres
Date:
April 10, 2003 01:37
IO::Socket::INET6
Message ID:
011801c2ff3c$5cb79150$26196093@rrmt

 Hi folks:

 Firstly I aplogize if this is not the appropiate list to send this patch
 proposal, but I have been recommended to send this patch here.

 I do propose a very simple patch enabling and Object interface for INET6
 domains sockets. It has been programmed by rewriting strictly  the twin
 Object module INET.pm,build by Graham Barr, so there is no very
"intelligent work" from my own, but the Readme includes a bried study on how
Perl5 -Ipv6 should be fully integrated at future releases, say -5.9.0, 6.0-
?.

It uses the the Socket6-0.11.tar.gz
 available at www.cpa.org (use Socket6).

 This may cause a problem, not compiling, ("make") but testing ("make
 test") due to dependency problems. IO::Socket::INET6.pm requires
 Socket6, and Socket6 is a separate module... However , you can further
 install your Socket6 module and use it without problems... May be you
 could consider the possibility to incorporate the "Socket6" module as
 "core module" inside the stable.tar.gz.

 Hope you to find it interesting ( I'm using to port MRTG IPv6
available...).

 See the README file

 Regards.