[perl #21886] perl configure script

From:
Lance Cothern
Date:
April 8, 2003 12:58
Subject:
[perl #21886] perl configure script
Message ID:
rt-21886-54651.7.21706869061521@bugs6.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  "Lance Cothern"
# Please include the string:  [perl #21886]

Hello,

I’m having a problem with the perl Configure script.  I go through the
entire Q/A and in the end I get this error.  I’m using HPUX and the HP
ansi C compiler.  If this is the incorrect forum for such a question
please direct me to a place where I can find more information.
Thanks.

Creating config.sh...

If you'd like to make any changes to the config.sh file before I begin
to configure things, do it as a shell escape now (e.g. !vi config.sh).

Press return or use a shell escape to edit config.sh:

Doing variable substitutions on .SH files...
' is not expected.Syntax error at line 2 : `in