CPAI^hN and proxies

From:
linda w.
Date:
April 4, 2003 23:26
Subject:
CPAI^hN and proxies
Message ID:
000001c2fb44$9b7a32e0$1403a8c0@sc.tlinx.org
I had this work on an external machine, but it could very well
have been trying to go direct.

I have a couple http/ftp servers in my urllist in cpan.  Trouble
is that when I try to access the cpan network, it tries to use
ftp and gets hung up waiting for a host timeout....after about
three ftp tries, it finally "falls back" to lynx.  So what's
the point in defining ftp/http proxies.  When it came up for
where's my ftp program, I tried entering both "", and '' (null
strings). Apparently it didn't "listen" to either attempt.

Shouldn't it skip ftp/http direct if proxies are defined?

Thanks,
-linda