what's the equiv of PERL_PATCHLEVEL in the public defines API?

From:
Stas Bekman
Date:
April 4, 2003 04:02
Subject:
what's the equiv of PERL_PATCHLEVEL in the public defines API?
Message ID:
3E8D2F57.1090405@stason.org
In mod_perl 2.0 we had to patch the 5.8.0's bug related to crypt_r. Similar to
this patch http://mirrors.develooper.com/perl/APC/perl-current-diffs/17775.gz.
However the recent changes #19119 (maint) and #19122 (blead) broke mod_perl
2.0's build. So we need to put something like:

#if PERL_PATCHLEVEL < 17775
   /* bug workaround */
#endif

since it's not needed after 17775, and we shouldn't care about recent
modification and provide new workarounds, while all we need is to know how to
check the patch level.

However PERL_PATCHLEVEL is not in the public API headers. What's the
equivalent that can be used in the C code?

Config.pm seems to include it, but none of the installed .h files does.

Thanks.