Re: [perl #21347] segfault in UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
April 1, 2003 23:21
Re: [perl #21347] segfault in UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD
Message ID:
20030402092143.401bd3a8.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Enache Adrian wrote:
> > > 2) Put a dummy DESTROY method in the 'Regexp' stash.
>
> Here is a patch that does the second ( in the most naive way )

Reading again that thread, it seems that it's a good idea.

> I added a new test file too (t/run/crash.t) to test for this
> kind of final cleanup crashes, etc. The first test there is
> for another bug, see
>     http://nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/73117

bug #21347, right ?
(Well, at some point we'll have to dig through the pile of patches
you've sent. Sorry.)

OK, I don't like this idea of a new t/run/crash.t.
I'd put them in t/op/ref.t; or, at least, if you want a new test
file, "t/op/cleanup.t" ("test for global cleanups") feels better.

--
Users is not *NIX