Re: 5.8.1@19053: threads goofs ][

From:
Arthur Bergman
Date:
April 1, 2003 11:29
Re: 5.8.1@19053: threads goofs ][
Message ID:
3689C236-6478-11D7-847C-003065D64CBE@contiller.se

On måndag, mar 31, 2003, at 23:37 Europe/Stockholm, Ilya Zakharevich
wrote:

> threads leaks 7 4-byte buckets and 5 12-byte buckets per
> created/joined thread.  Easy to see comparing the results of
>
>   env PERL_DEBUG_MSTATS=2 perl -Mthreads -Mthreads::shared -we "for
> (1.. 2){my @t; push @t, threads->new(sub{}) for 1..25; $_->join for
> @t}"
>
> with

I tried for(1..10000) and I didn't see any leak at all.
While there are leaks in threads::shared, I know of no leaks in
threads.xs, perhaps if there is a platform specific in
perl_alloc/conctruct/destruct/free that gets triggered.

Arthur