Re: AIX longdoubles

From:
John L. Allen
Date:
April 1, 2003 10:54
Re: AIX longdoubles
Message ID:
Pine.GSO.4.53.0304011343530.1108@gateway.northgrum.com

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, H.Merijn Brand wrote:

[ BTW, mail is getting to me from the p5p list ok, but I guess
	the DNS change hasn't made it to hccnet.nl yet...]

h.m.br+           $define|true|[yY]*)
h.m.br+               ccflags="$ccflags -qlongdouble"
h.m.br+               libswanted="c128 $libswanted"
h.m.br+               ;;
h.m.brHmmm, c128 *must* be before c. Now submitted the good patch:

Yes, c128 must be before c in libswanted.  I see you went through
just about the exact same sequence of steps I did.  Sorry I
couldn't have saved you more time...but it was a good learning
experience, right? :-)

h.m.brWhoopie!

I have a question about lddlflags though.  Shouldn't that also have a
-lc128 inserted before -lc?  What exactly is lddlflags used for anyway?
Building add-on modules perhaps?

h.m.br[ I saw no specific file for longdouble testing. Which is to check? ]

Yeah, it would be good if there were some checks for long double expected
output from certain well-chosen floating point operations...

John.