Re: cpan.org ownership change?

From:
Aaron Sherman
Date:
April 1, 2003 06:54
Re: cpan.org ownership change?
Message ID:
1049208851.8665.14.camel@localhost.localdomain
On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 17:45, Aaron Sherman wrote:

> Looks like someone goofed a virtual host config. You can still go to
> http://search.cpan.org/, which works fine.

No sooner did I get home than my boss called my cell, "I'm going
insane... what's the URL for CPAN?!"

Sigh. If this was an Apr 1 prank, it's another great example of why the
whole phenomenon of the practical joke isn't remotely practical. How
many people got "support calls" last night besides me, I wonder? How
much time was burned trying to figure out "where CPAN went"?

Every year I dread this day, and often I think about just staying home.
These days, even that won't help :(