Re: Bytecode? Back into service.

From:
Marek Rouchal
Date:
April 1, 2003 01:34
Re: Bytecode? Back into service.
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.50.0303312342250.28741-100000@btfmx1.fs.uni-bayreuth.de
Dear all,

I can confirm that 5.8.1-to-be works in principle wrt.
"perlcc -B <hello-world-perl-script>" (I still have significant problems
with bleadperl, however).

However, as already mentioned, any regular expression will cause an
error "Can't coerce ARRAY to integer in pattern match" - I have no clue
where to search for this bug - anyone? I'm quite new to this topic - can
anyone give me some pointers on where and how to start to find and fix
this problem? Thanks!

Another interesting problem: I tried to compile a foo.pl using a Foo.pm; I
managed to compile both of them separately into bytecode (successfully),
but noticed the following problem: If there is a Foo.pmc in the current
directory, while trying to compile foo.pl with "perlcc -B", then this
will fail with some "use of uninitialzed value" errors in B::Bytecode.
Not a severe issue, but might be worhwhile to look at.

Cheers,

Marek