[perl #21764] installing perl 5.8.0

From:
perlbug-followup
Date:
March 31, 2003 18:30
Subject:
[perl #21764] installing perl 5.8.0
Message ID:
rt-21764-54388.0.348812499823481@bugs6.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  stroil@fht-esslingen.de
# Please include the string:  [perl #21764]

I tried to install perl5.8.0 with following steps:
1. rm -f config.sh Policy
system: OK

2. sh Configure
i hit allways RETURN without to insert anything when program prompted me

3. make
System Error "Stop in" has appiered with /<my instal directory>/ext/
subdirectories: ./I18N/Langinfo, ./IO, ./IPC/SysV, ./List/Util, ./MIME/Base64,
./NDBM_File, ./Opcode, ./Posix, ./PerlIO/encoding, ./PerlIO/scalar,
./PerlIO/via, ./SDBM_File and with the coment line :"make config failed,
continuing anyway" after that.
Following Error code 1 appiered without comment line:
Stop in /<my instal directory>/ext/ subdirectories ./SDBM_File/sdbm,
/SDBM_File and in /usr/sw/perl/perl-5.8.0 = /<my install directory>

4. make test
System Error code 1, Stop in /<my install directory>/ext/ subdirectories
./Errno, ./SDBM_File/sdbm, ./SDBM_File, and in /<my install directory>

5.make install
System Error code 1, Stop in /<my install directory> subdirectories
./SDBM_File/sdbm, /SDBM_File, and in /<my install directory>

Could You help me please to solve my problem and install correctly perl5.8.0
on my FreeBSDV5.0.

Thank Youvery much in advise,

Stroil

This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.fht-esslingen.de/