5.8.1@19053 bug: config.sh has both threads and threads/shared as directories to build

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
March 31, 2003 13:04
Subject:
5.8.1@19053 bug: config.sh has both threads and threads/shared as directories to build
Message ID:
20030331210423.GA3706@math.berkeley.edu
[I think I already reported it some time ago...]

If you grep config.sh for 'threads/shared' on threaded build, you will
see that it is always comes in a pair with 'threads'.  This leads to
makefile doing MakeMaker build in both the ./ext/threads and
./ext/threads/shared directories.

But the logic of MakeMaker is that any immediated subdirectory with a
Makefile.PL is *also* built.  Thus ./ext/threads/shared is built
twice: once as a subdirectory of ./ext/threads, another time by
itself.

This leads to conflicts if make -j 4 happens to carry these two builds
simultaneously.  This needs to be fixed: just do not include
threads/shared into the lists.

Hope this helps,
Ilya