Cygwin Perl (was:Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-2)

From:
Gerrit P. Haase
Date:
March 31, 2003 12:50
Subject:
Cygwin Perl (was:Re: Updated: perl-5.8.0-2)
Message ID:
195460793626.20030331225433@familiehaase.de
Hello,

first feedback from the second perl release here, he reported a
problem which is real, I wonder why I don't see it in bleadperl, but
in perl-5.8.0, what is the difference regarding PERLIO on Cygwin?
I just forget about this known behaviour because I use PERLIO=perlio
in my environment settings most of the time.  It is the same problem
when running e.g. the vanilla /bin/cpan script with vanilla perl-5.8
in a Cygwin environment with no PERLIO env setting.

The feedback was:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> perl-5.8.0-2 release has been uploaded to sourceware
>>                    -- it should be on the mirrors soon.
>>

> Several problems with this version.  A bunch of my scripts have stopped
> working, and when I tried to figure out why, I got some very strange
> behavior from the debugger.

> Try this (I tried it in both rxvt & 'dos box' with same results):
> 1) run "perl -d"
> 2) type "print;"
> 3) hit Ctrl+D
> 4) hit Enter
> 5) hit Enter

> When I do this, step #4 does NOTHING (and by nothing I mean: the key
> made a little click sound when I hit it, but there was no other proof
> that I hit the key).  It seems that this perl needs 2 enter keys in a
> only 'aaa' showed on the screen (all on the same line).

Gerrit
--
=^..^=