Fwd: SDBM_File and VMS unhappy (was [Re: VMS status @ 18987])

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
March 31, 2003 12:26
Fwd: SDBM_File and VMS unhappy (was [Re: VMS status @ 18987])
Message ID:
20030331202552.GE17107@windhund.schwern.org
----- Forwarded message from PPrymmer@factset.com -----

From: PPrymmer@factset.com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:10:28 -0500
To: Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [PPrymmer@factset.com: Re: VMS status @ 18987]
 03/31/2003 03:11:45 PM

As I just mentioned in a follow up sent to jhi and CCed to you
I think it has to do with MYEXTLIB missing from
[.ext.sdbm_file.sdbm]descrip.mms
and that may be due to the missing subdirs:: rule from MM_VMS.pm.

I'll try to include both my ext/SDBM_File/Descrip.mms as well
as my ext/SDBM_File/sdbm/Descrip.mms but please understand
that including them as attachements (likely base64 encoded) is
the easiest way for me to send them to you.

Here is my ext/SDBM_File/descrip.mms (packed with file name sdbm_file.mms):

(See attached file: sdbm_file.mms)

and here is the ext/SDBM_File/sdbm/descrip.mms (packed with file name
descrip.mms)
note the absence of an assignment for the MYEXTLIB macro:

(See attached file: descrip.mms)

I hope that helps.  And thanks for looking into it.

Peter Prymmer

                      Michael G
                      Schwern                  To:      pprymmer@factset.com
                      <schwern@pobox.c         cc:
                      om>
                      03/31/2003 03:02
                      PM

Peter, I need to see your ext/SDBM_File/Descrip.mms in order to have any
chance of diagnosing this.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:16:51PM +0300, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> I shoved a @19105 copy also to the VMSfolk.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from PPrymmer@factset.com -----
>
> Subject: Re: VMS status @ 18987
> From: PPrymmer@factset.com
> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:02:20 -0500
> To: jhi@iki.fi
> Cc: craigberry@mac.com
>

> This kit does not build for me.
>
> In order to try to test under useithreads to satisfy
> a request that Craig had made I configured this kit with:
>
> $ @configure "-Duseithreads" "-des"
> $ mmk
> <deletia>
> CC/DECC /Include=[]/Standard=Relaxed_ANSI/Prefix=All/Obj=.obj
> /float=ieee/ieee=d
> enorm_results/Define=("VERSION=""1.03""","XS_VERSION=""1.03""")/Include
> =([--])/NoList  SDBM_FILE.c
> Copy/NoConfirm [.sdbm]libsdbm.olb [--.LIB.AUTO.SDBM_FILE]SDBM_FILE.OLB
> %COPY-E-OPENIN, error opening
> DISK$ENG_PERL:[FDS0.PERL.PERL.EXT.SDBM_FILE.SDBM]LIBSDBM.OLB; as input
> -RMS-E-FNF, file not found
> %MMK-F-ERRUPD, error status %X1067109A occurred when updating target
> [--.LIB.AUTO.SDBM_FILE]SDBM_FILE.OLB
> %MMK-F-ERRUPD, error status %X1C14803C occurred when updating target
DYNEXT

--
Let me check my notes.
        http://www.sluggy.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"Congratulations, you're a thieving bastard... Now give me back my pants."
"That's MISTER Pants!"