-Duselongdouble ignored on AIX with perl580?

From:
John L. Allen
Date:
March 27, 2003 07:19
Subject:
-Duselongdouble ignored on AIX with perl580?
Message ID:
Pine.SOL.3.91.1030327100538.6443A-100000@gateway.grumman.com

I'm trying to get perl580 to compile with long doubles (16 byte reals),
and Configure is just not taking it.  I'm using

  Configure -des -Dcc=xlc128 -Duse64bitint -Duselongdouble

But after configure is done, there is still just

  uselongdouble='undef'

in config.sh.  I recently installed the vac.C 5.0.2.6 compiler, and I
_know_ it can do 16 byte doubles by invoking it as xlc128 (which is
apparently equivalent to xlc -qlongdouble -l128C).

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

John.