status of bleadperl and maintperl 19053 on Stratus VOS

From:
Green, Paul
Date:
March 25, 2003 08:18
Subject:
status of bleadperl and maintperl 19053 on Stratus VOS
Message ID:
A2A34F15EE916148BC4C4748223E67A403D99C5B@exna4.stratus.com
FYI, I've built and tested (maint) perl@19053 on Stratus VOS.  I have been
building bleadperl weekly for quite some time.

Despite having submitted no patches at all for quite some time, both
versions build and run all but 3 tests. This is actually quite good, given
the number of changes that have gone in over the last half-year.  Both
versions fail exactly the same tests, which are:

t/op/pack.t,  (can't seem to diagnose an attempt to pack Infinity into the
"w" format; actively investigating)
ext/Time/HiRes/HiRes.t (tests 8, 11, 20, 21 all fail; wait times incorrect;
not yet root-caused).
lib/Net/Ping/t/450_service.t   (hangs pinging the loop back address;
shell-level ping to 127.0.0.1 is okay)

I'm back from vacation and will attempt to submit fixes to each of these
issues as soon as I can. Some of them may be VOS issues, in which case I'll
fix VOS.

Thanks
PG
--