Re: [perl #18857] [RESOLVED] segfault in perl 5.8

From:
Wilbur Goltermann
Date:
March 23, 2003 03:33
Re: [perl #18857] [RESOLVED] segfault in perl 5.8
Message ID:
200303230333.48768.goltermann@attbi.com
People,

I'm curious as to just what actually was the resolution.  I received an email
some time ago acknowledging the following:

	According to Nicholas Clark's valgrind testing this bug has been fixed
	in the latest developer versions, and the fix will be in Perl 5.8.1 (whenever
	that happens).  I'm marking the problem ticket as resolved.

Is there a patch available?  Is there any way of predicting when the
aforementioned release will come about? Or should we go back to using Perl
5.6.x?

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Wilbur Goltermann