Re: [perl #21614] 5.8.0 Unbalanced string table refcount

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
March 21, 2003 08:55
Re: [perl #21614] 5.8.0 Unbalanced string table refcount
Message ID:
20030321175249.44f4be38.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Paul Dyer wrote:

> I'm attaching the whole script.  I am running under Apache, ModPerl.

It's possible that it's a mod_perl problem. The startup/shutdown process of
mod_perl is more complicated than for a standalone perl interpreter.

It's possible also that the problem is not related at all to mod_perl, but
in this case, to fix it, it would be handy to be able to replicate it without
mod_perl.

Anyway, the error you're getting is an (undocumented) internal warning
that occurs on destruction of a perl interpreter. It's probably harmless.

>  I used the Apache::File and IO::File modules and got the errors on both.
>
> I am using RedHat 8.0 and 7.3 with the same results.   I don't know what
> the character set is.

The output of the locale command is usually sufficient.