Re: [DOC-PATCH] for README.cygwin, bleadperl version

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
March 21, 2003 07:00
Re: [DOC-PATCH] for README.cygwin, bleadperl version
Message ID:
20030321150146.GB23231@not.autrijus.org
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 10:29:59PM +0100, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> I put a F<> around the URL so that it's hyperlinked when converted to HTML
> (as pod2html currently treats F<> thingies)

According to perlpod and perlpodspec, L<> should probably be used for
hyperlinks instead:

    * "L<scheme:...>"		# perlpod
    Links to an absolute URL.  For example, "L<http://www.perl.org/>".
    * "L<name>" -- a hyperlink	# podlpodspec

Although both F<> and L<> works (and F<> avoids raising a warning from
podchecker), there is no precedent in using F<> for hyperlinks in the
current documentation set, but six L<>s for hyperlinks.

Sorry for being pedantic. :-)

Thanks,
/Autrijus/