Re: [perl #21614] 5.8.0 Unbalanced string table refcount

From:
Paul Dyer
Date:
March 21, 2003 04:25
Re: [perl #21614] 5.8.0 Unbalanced string table refcount
Message ID:
3E7A400A.4030108@dyerhouse.com
Rafael Garcia-Suarez (via RT) wrote:

>Paul Dyer (via RT) wrote:
>

>>This happened on Perl 5.8.0, RedHat 8.0.  Here is a code fragment that
>>produces the error listed below it:
>>

>I can't reproduce this. Is your code fragment sufficient ? I don't
>see a definition of %altnames.
>
>There have been reports of problems due to UTF8 locales, notably under
>RedHat 8.0. What's your locale ? Does the problem run away when you
>run your script under the C locale ?

Hi,

I'm attaching the whole script.  I am running under Apache, ModPerl.
 I used the Apache::File and IO::File modules and got the errors on both.

I am using RedHat 8.0 and 7.3 with the same results.   I don't know what
the character set is.

Paul