Re: Perl 5.8.1 closing in

From:
Vadim Konovalov
Date:
March 20, 2003 21:47
Re: Perl 5.8.1 closing in
Message ID:
010c01c2ef6d$72907a20$4a5fc3d9@vad
While trying testing behaviour of 5.8.1-pre on WinCE I've noticed some
differences in a script produced by perl-5.8.0 and perl@18872 in respect to
Unicode and Encode and alike. Attached is a script in trouble. It contains
Russian characters, but this should not mess, as it works perfectly on
5.8.0. It runs differently even on my Win32 machine when using perl580 and
perl@18872.

Did I did domething wrong?
Should I better consider different snapshot as 5.8.1-pre?
Should I narrow down a problem that arose in my script by myself?

Vadim.