Re: [perl #21614] 5.8.0 Unbalanced string table refcount

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
March 20, 2003 14:04
Re: [perl #21614] 5.8.0 Unbalanced string table refcount
Message ID:
20030320230507.35c42c8b.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Paul Dyer (via RT) wrote:

> This happened on Perl 5.8.0, RedHat 8.0.  Here is a code fragment that
> produces the error listed below it:

I can't reproduce this. Is your code fragment sufficient ? I don't
see a definition of %altnames.

There have been reports of problems due to UTF8 locales, notably under
RedHat 8.0. What's your locale ? Does the problem run away when you
run your script under the C locale ?