[FYI] CPAN Upload: K/KA/KANE/Archive-Tar-0.99_01.tar.gz

From:
Jos I. Boumans
Date:
March 19, 2003 00:10
Subject:
[FYI] CPAN Upload: K/KA/KANE/Archive-Tar-0.99_01.tar.gz
Message ID:
3F99C4F1-59E2-11D7-B115-000393B97AA4@dwim.org

Greetings,

Begin forwarded message:

> The uploaded file
>
>     Archive-Tar-0.99_01.tar.gz
>
> has entered CPAN as
>
>   file: $CPAN/authors/id/K/KA/KANE/Archive-Tar-0.99_01.tar.gz
>   size: 15760 bytes
>    md5: 3f37f3bc3cc10430cdb76ea81d262518

I've just uploaded a fully rewritten version of Archive::Tar to CPAN.
None of the old (and slightly scary :) code remains, allthough fully
backwards compatible.

It fixes all open bugs that were in rt.cpan.org or mailed to me
personally, as well as adding a few new features.

I've marked it 'development release' so testers@cpan.org can do their
foo first before i overwrite current stable for everyone.

Tested succesfully on Mac OS X and classic, win32 and freebsd.

Hopefully this makes it safe for CPAN(?:PLUS) and possibly other
modules to rely on it again.

If anyone with a testing mind likes to have a pick at it, I'd be
gratefull, so we can pick out any (possible) new bugs before marking it
'stable' on CPAN.

Again, just FYI :)

--

Jos Boumans

	How do I prove I am not crazy to people who are?

	CPANPLUS	http://cpanplus.sf.net