Re: [perl #20724] Patch for dprofpp

From:
hv
Date:
March 16, 2003 18:38
Re: [perl #20724] Patch for dprofpp
Message ID:
200303170240.h2H2ex916437@crypt.compulink.co.uk
Nicholas "Oxh j" (via RT) <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
:I have corrected a couple of (serious?) bugs in dprofpp for perl5. This is
:the first time I try to submit a bug/patch for Perl, so bear with me :-)

Thanks, I've applied the patch to the development sources as change #19003.

:The errors were as follows:
:
:1. Option -g does not work. It makes dproffpp die with the following error:
:Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -1
:
:2. Option -S does not work. It "looses" a lot of calls due to move_keys()
:being faulty.
:
:3. The summing of times for recursive functions does not work. When you have
:recursive functions, you can easily get numbers in the "CumulS" column that
:are much higher than the total amount of time used for the whole script.

Perl has some files under t/lib/dprof that look as though they are
intended to be used for testing dprofpp, but they don't appear to use
standard mechanisms, and I was unable to work out how they were
supposed to be used. It would be helpful if you (or someone) could
find a moment to look at them and see if they could be turned into
a useful test suite.

Hugo