[perl #21568] Suggested revision for perlfunc.pod.

From:
E.B.Chang
Date:
March 14, 2003 06:30
Subject:
[perl #21568] Suggested revision for perlfunc.pod.
Message ID:
rt-21568-53622.11.3237061722153@bugs6.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  "E.B.Chang"
# Please include the string:  [perl #21568]

Here are some suggested corrections for perlfunc.pod.  I apologize for
not putting this in the form of a patch, but a) I have version 5.6.1,
and the line numbers may be different with 5.8.0, and b) I confess I
don't know how to generate a patch.

=item tr///

Current:

    The transliteration operator.  Same as C<y///>.  See L<perlop>.

Suggested revision:

    The transliteration operator.  Same as C<y///>.  See L<perlop/"Quote
and Quote-like Operators">.

------------------------------------
=item y///

Current:

    The transliteration operator.  Same as C<tr///>.  See L<perlop>.

Suggested revision:

    The transliteration operator.  Same as C<tr///>.  See
L<perlop/"Quote and Quote-like Operators">.

------------------------------------
=item m//

Current:

    The match operator.  See L<perlop>.

Suggested revision:

    The match operator.  See L<perlop/"Regexp Quote-Like Operators">.

=item s///

Current:

    The substitution operator.  See L<perlop>.

Suggested revision

    The substitution operator.  See L<perlop/"Regexp Quote-Like Operators">.