18935: configure failure on linux

From:
Stas Bekman
Date:
March 11, 2003 19:57
Subject:
18935: configure failure on linux
Message ID:
3E6EAFAF.60803@stason.org
Have something changed in the last few patch versions? I was able to build
blead-perl just a few days ago:

make distclean
./Configure -des -Dprefix=/home/stas/perl/blead-ithread \
-Dusethreads -Doptimize='-g' -Duseshrplib -Dusedevel

Operating system name? [linux]
Operating system version? [2.4.19-16mdksmp]
Build Perl for SOCKS? [n]
Use the PerlIO abstraction layer? [y]
Build a threading Perl? [y]
Use the newer interpreter-based ithreads? [y]
Use which C compiler? [cc]
Checking for GNU cc in disguise and/or its version number...
try.c: In function `main':
try.c:10: void value not ignored as it ought to be
*** WHOA THERE!!! ***
     Your C compiler "cc" doesn't seem to be working!
     You'd better start hunting for one and let me know about it.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.