5.8.1 Configure just started saying cc doesn't grok void

From:
David Dyck
Date:
March 11, 2003 15:39
Subject:
5.8.1 Configure just started saying cc doesn't grok void
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.51.0303111439240.28498@dd.tc.fluke.com

I've always had
  voidflags='15'
in Config.pm but this latest release of 5.9.0

I see a few recent patches to Configure, but I never would
have expected it to fail like this. :-)

Checking to see how well your C compiler groks the void type...
  Support flag bits are:
    1: basic void declarations.
    2: arrays of pointers to functions returning void.
    4: operations between pointers to and addresses of void functions.
    8: generic void pointers.
Your void support flags add up to what? [0]

If I look at the program try.c that was generated for the test
the first line reads
#$i_stdlib I_STDLIB

This causes the compiler to report
try.c:1: invalid #-line

A quick look into configure shows that why $i_stdlib  is not being expanded!

echo "building try.c"
        $cat >try.c <<'EOCP'
#$i_stdlib I_STDLIB

Looks like the diff 18934.gz
didn't get into the rsync'ed perl code as of
.patch = 18934