FileCache

From:
Jerrad Pierce
Date:
March 8, 2003 18:05
Subject:
FileCache
Message ID:
200303090204.VAA15422@magic-pi-ball.mit.edu

I have a new version of FileCache. The diffs are too large/too many to
post, but an archive of the new module is at:
    ftp://pthbb.org/pub/pm/dev/FileCache-1.1.tgz

The contents are browsable at:
    ftp://pthbb.org/pub/pm/dev/FileCache-1.1/

I've fixed 2 bugs I just discovered I inadvertently introduced in v1.02
(Doh!) and implemented a few niceties.

I also added support for objects. However, I'm not sure whether I (or p5p
will for that matter) like the object support as it is. My concern is with
the reliance upon a particular order of parameters of the class' open
method. I don't see anyway around it for the module proper though. However,
the end- user could always implement a compliant subclass for a non-compliant
class. Should I back out the object support and rewrite the module so it's
sub-classable and implement object support as a sub-class available on CPAN
only?

CHANGES:
        Fixed a misfeature where a file was stuck in the mode it was
        initially opened in until it was closed. (test #4)

        Fixed a bug where cacheout EXPR alternated between open for write
	and open for append. (test #4)

        Fixed a bug where the MRU files were closed instead of LRU, this
        partially defeated the purpose of using the module.

        Reworked test suite into individual files, and to function outside
	of a perl distribution make test.

        Switched to 3 arg open with scalar handle for sys/param.h checking.

        Added shortcircuit to prevent unnecessary iteration over every line
        of sys/param.h Generalized sys/param.h reading algorythm to allow
	for alternate locations (SunOS 5.8 param.h says the define exists
	for compatability only and will be removed in the future)
--
H4sICNoBwDoAA3NpZwA9jbsNwDAIRHumuC4NklvXTOD0KSJEnwU8fHz4Q8M9i3sGzkS7BBrm
OkCTwsycb4S3DloZuMIYeXpLFqw5LaMhXC2ymhreVXNWMw9YGuAYdfmAbwomoPSyFJuFn2x8