Re: [perl #20613] Perl_magic_setsig/clearsig problems (patch included)

From:
hv
Date:
March 2, 2003 09:23
Re: [perl #20613] Perl_magic_setsig/clearsig problems (patch included)
Message ID:
200303021725.h22HPY910136@crypt.compulink.co.uk
"Anders Johnson" <ajohnson@wischip.com> wrote:
:This thread seems to have died out unexpectedly. I've included my latest
:patch (relative to 5.8.0), which is alleged to do the following:
:
:+ Signal handler isn't freed until after the new disposition is
:installed.
:+ Signal can't get deferred and then polled after the handler is
:removed.
:+ delete $SIG{...} is roughly equivalent to $SIG{...}="DEFAULT".
:+ A couple of redundant statements were removed.
:
:There is still the issue of a signal handler calling die() while the
:main thread is inside a destructor. I'd like to discuss what can be done
:about this, but it shouldn't necessarily preclude applying the patch
:as-is.

Thanks, applied to the development sources as change #18803.

Please note that your mailer appears to be wrapping lines in patches;
if you don't have a way to stop it doing that, I'd suggest sending
any future patches as attachments instead.

Hugo