Re: -Os for Darwin why?

From:
schwern
Date:
February 17, 2003 21:46
Re: -Os for Darwin why?
Message ID:
20030217214618.A18799@ttul.org
On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 08:06:48PM -0800, Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:
>    ProjectBuilder now defaults to -Os.
>
>    I bet you can find something on Tech Info Library, and the option is
> documented in gcc(1).
>
>    I'm not sure we need to document every option in the hints file, but
> OK.

I understand what the option does, the man page explains that, I just
didn't understand why it was being used to compile perl by default.
Your reason for using it is valid, I just want to make sure Future
Generations know why too.

I still don't understand why its only used for Darwin 6.x and up and not
5.x and down.  Could you explain?