Re: -Os for Darwin why?

From:
Wilfredo Sánchez
Date:
February 17, 2003 18:29
Re: -Os for Darwin why?
Message ID:
D1759309-42E8-11D7-B275-0003936FA9FA@mit.edu
   Why do you think -Os is broken?

   Optimizing for size also mean less resident memory usage on the part
of Perl.  Apple asserts that this is a more important optimization than
saving on CPU cycles.  Given that memory speed has not increased at
pace with CPU speed over time (on any platform), this is probably a
reasonable assertion.

   If you disagree, that's why you can override things.

   I don't follow where you conclude that the compiler must be broken
due to this decision.

	-wsv