Re: New SV Flag

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
February 11, 2003 16:28
Re: New SV Flag
Message ID:
20030211190026.B27516@fdgroup.com
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 09:07:42AM +0100, Arthur Bergman wrote:
> On måndag, feb 10, 2003, at 21:38 Europe/Stockholm, Nicholas Clark
> wrote:
> > Why do you want to do this? I presume it relates to ithreads. Is the
> > idea to
> > make scalars used in the optree common to all threads, so that they
> > don't
> > need copying on ithread creation?
> >

> Yes, they only get created and destroyed when opcodes get created and
> destroyed, and that is protected by a mutex.

Surely, if the scalars which are attached to ops are shared across
ithreads, then all sorts of nasty things can go wrong, eg two threads
trying to increment the refcnt or modify a flag at the same time ????

Dave.

--
"There's something wrong with our bloody ships today, Chatfield."
Admiral Beatty at the Battle of Jutland, 31st May 1916.