Re: New SV Flag

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
February 10, 2003 07:56
Re: New SV Flag
Message ID:
20030210165423.B191.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Mon 10 Feb 2003 16:24, hv@crypt.org wrote:
> "H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> :On Thu 06 Feb 2003 15:07, "H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> :> I did propose a patch to the magicians to weed out ATOMIC_INC and
> :> ATOMIC_DEC_AND_TEST as by Arthur and Nick's request. Where did it go?
> :
> :Found it:
>
> I had always assumed the macros were there because we might need to
> implement them differently under threads to guarantee the atomicity.
> Is that not the case?

I've created this patch as a request from Arthur and Nick, so I hope they were
the one to /know/ why they asked for it :)

They probably expected the chainsaw they asked for was to cut much deeper, but
I did not find more than what this patch shows. Sorry guys

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.0 & 633 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,