Re: [perl #20448] Installation of Perl 5.8

From:
hv
Date:
February 9, 2003 17:52
Re: [perl #20448] Installation of Perl 5.8
Message ID:
200302100154.h1A1sDi15480@crypt.compulink.co.uk
Nick Ing-Simmons <nick@ing-simmons.net> wrote:
:The Win32 Makefiles used to be particularly bad at this so I wrote and
:checked in win32/distclean.bat one can run that on UNIX too thus
:
:perl -x win32/distclean.bat
:
:distclean.bat deletes anything not in MANIFEST (ignoring case for Win32
:reasons).

Hmm, that's quite a radical command to run: it will delete anything we
forgot to put in MANIFEST, and any files of your own that happen to be
in the build tree.

At the very least, I think the name should reflect that. I'm not sure
what name is traditional for this: "maniclean"?

Hugo