Re: 5.6.2 / 5.005_04

From:
Tim Bunce
Date:
February 7, 2003 07:33
Re: 5.6.2 / 5.005_04
Message ID:
20030207153242.GC15757@dansat.data-plan.com
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:16:37AM -0800, Gurusamy Sarathy wrote:

> Action items:
>
>  * Motivation: If you want to see 5.6.2, let me know and tell me
>    how badly you want it and what specific things you'd like to
>    see in it.  Copy p5p if the content is relevant and unemotional. :)

I think it's important that the Perl community be seen to actively
support at least one previous major version.

It's important to remember that, even ignoring bug fixes, old versions
need at least enough maintanance to keep building on newer versions
of operating systems and compilers. 5.5.3 doesn't build anymore on
FreeBSD, for example.

Tim.